Steak is one of the typical western foods that are currently widely sold in Indonesia. Steak has a delicious taste and is addictive. But if you eat steak too often, it is not good for health. This time we will make tempeh steak which is good for health.
Tempe steak is the right choice for cooking. Making unique food is indeed a challenge but it is better for us to make our own food to ensure cleanliness.
Here Matajogja has summarized how to make tempeh steak as follows:
- 250 gr tempeh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mushroom stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 25 grams of wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion (mashed)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 150 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cornstarch solution (1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tsp water)
How to make:
1. Cut the tempeh into cubes, then steam it for 15 minutes
2. Prepare a mortar, then save the tempeh, salt, mushroom broth, ground pepper, flour, and sweet soy sauce to the mortar and grind it until it has a smooth texture. Once smooth, the shape of the tempe resembles a steak.
3. Turn on the stove and teflom. Then put the tempeh mixture into the Teflon, grill it like a steak and wait until it turns brown. After it turns brown, remove the tempeh and store it on a plate
4. Seasoning: turn on the stove and prepare the Teflon. Add butter and saute onion and garlic. After it smells good, add the tomato sauce, oyster sauce, salt, mushroom broth and ground pepper, then stir until evenly distributed. After evenly, add water and sugar and stir again. After that, add the cornstarch solution and stir and wait until the texture is thick.
5. After the steak seasoning is ready, pour it over the steak on the plate, then add the vegetables.
6. Tempe steak is ready to be enjoyed. (NL)